Discover The Financial Opportunities that Breeding Insects can Bring
We have over 14 years Experience Breeding and Training People How to Breed Insects to Wildlife Parks, Zoos, Reptile Owners and Wildlife Carers….and even for Human Consumption !!
Our training and consultancy resources have set the benchmark for breeding insects and are used by some of the largest and smallest insect breeders around the world to improve the efficiency of their operations or to start new businesses.
Working with hundreds of insect breeding facilities around the world, has given us a unique understanding of the issues breeders face, and we are happy to share our information. As outlined below we do a range of projects to research and develop better insect breeding methods. Working with our partners around the would means we can learn the economics of insect breeding in the real world and with a variety of different techniques.
Follow us on facebook (@breedinginsects) to get video updates on our latest project converting a caravan into a insect business (see video to right). No matter if you want to breed insects to earn a little extra income, or a full time wage, we have the resources for you to become a profitable insect breeding business including;
Below are some articles to help you breed insects for profit:
- How to avoid Common Mistakes and to scale up appropriately.
- Identify Potential Markets – both obvious and less obvious ones.
- Breeding Insects For Zoos
- Breeding Insects for Wildlife Rescue
- Breeding insects for Aquaponics
- Breeding insects for Human Consumption
- How Many Insects can I Produce
- Breeding Insects Consultancy or Partnerships (Free)
- Commercial Insect Breeding Books and Videos
- Contact us be advised when our Webinars and Podcasts for Commercial Breeding are Available.
Want to Learn Commercial Methods…We Are One of the Few Insect Breeders who Will Show you How
There is a large learning curve breeding Crickets and other insects which can end in disaster if you don’t have the right information. We’ll teach you how to: estimate how many insects you can produce, potential markets, things to consider, avoiding potential mistakes and Lots more.
For example, did you know that new solar technology has the potential to greatly reduce or remove one of the biggest expenses (heating- day and night, even in cool climates) and you can get around 4 times more profit from breeding for human consumption ?
14 Years of Sweat and Tears…Or Access the Best Information Instantly?
Not many people realize it initially, but breeding insects is a “school of hard knocks” industry. Those who do well, learn from their mistakes quickly and learn from others who have spent years trialing different things. We have made many mistakes over the years and toiled using high maintenance techniques. Then we learnt how to do it much quicker and with less effort. After 14 years you learn a few shortcuts and learn how to:
- Build the right containers that are durable and have the right balance between ventilation, removing toxic gas in summer, heat retention and preventing pest entry.
- Build durable, stable and reliable food and water dispensers that are automated to minimize maintenance and reduce cannibalism
- Manage vinegar flies and other pests which nearly destroyed our business
- Sort, pack and distribute to customers.
- Create consistency through standardizing of feeding, maintenance and management.
- Be efficient with your time and how to reduce or eliminate costs (e.g. solar heating, reduced maintenance, efficient design).
The Worlds most Comprehensive Insect Breeding Guides (Crickets, Cockroaches, Mealworms)
Our books and training are the most comprehensive on the market and are the only book available that covers both private and commercial production in detail. For instance our Cricket Breeding Manual is 160 pages and 240 color photos and sets a benchmark for insect breeding. To see why our book is the most comprehensive book you can buy on the topic, click Here. We also include a free book sample to show you the contents page and start of the book.
All the major issues for commercial production are covered including: Biology, Container Design and Construction, Food and Water Requirements, making automated Food and Water Dispensers, Heating, Maintenance and Pest Management, Grading and Selling, Marketing and more.
We are in the process of developing a webinar series to help people start a insect breeding business. Please contact us if you want to be advised when this webinar series is finished.
Our resources contain step by step instructions along with hundreds of photos to give you a proven and tried method to build your business. Our training resources has set the benchmark for the insect breeding industry and is the go to authority for
Free Cricket Breeding Course
For more information on how to breed crickets, get your free 9 lesson today. This training course has videos and lots of useful information which covers:
- How a conventional cricket breeding system works
- How our proprietary cricket breeding system works
- Cricket biology
- Container design
- Feeding, gut loading
- Pest management and lots more…