14 Years Experience Training Groups to Become Successful Insect Breeders
We have 14 years experience breeding insects and training organizations how to breed insects successfully. We have trained zoos, wildlife rescue, pet owners and for human consumption. We also provide a consultancy and partnership program around the world, getting businesses and organizations to the next level.
If you are a group or organization which would benefit from having free online insect breeding training then we have 4 options as outlined below. This ranges from “pre-recorded training events- via zoom” to live training events- via zoom.
We understand the importance of being able to provide a plentiful supply of cheap, fresh and readily available supply of live foods to your reptile or wildlife. After all we started breeding insects to help conserve an endangered species and to save money keeping reptiles (See our About Us page for more details).
We provide training for the following species: Yellow mealworm, super mealworm, crickets and cockroaches. We cover both small scale (hobbyist) and commercial production methods.
Who Qualifies for Free Training
We provide free online training to any group or organization that have an interest in breeding insects. It includes websites, forums, retailers, commercial breeders and social media groups. Some examples include:
– Pet related clubs/organizations/retail stores (ie reptiles, fish, amphibians, arachnids etc),
– Permaculture, aquaponics.
– Wildlife or Conservation groups/organizations
– Zoos and wildlife parks and their members.
– Organizations that need training to staff (see above).
For “pre-recorded training events” there are no minimum attendee requirements. For “live training events” we require a minimum of 10 or more people are likely to attend the training. There is no upper limit requirements.
The training is free and obligation free, however for those who are a bit more serious about breeding mealworms we offer a 40% discount on the book (for instance a $40 US is $24). The training goes for around 40 minutes and we aim to provide quality content, not an upsell to the book. We are able to provide the free training as we make some money in those who do purchase the book and through word of mouth via social media etc.
Online Resources in Sessions
Our online resources are the most comprehensive around. We have hundreds of photos and diagrams to show attendees how everything works. With 14 Years of breeding insects commercially, we can fast track your group to being independent insect breeders.
Mealworm Learning Center/book
Includes 20 chapters, 100 sections and hundreds of photos and diagrams
Cricket Learning Center/book
Includes 65 pages and more than 240 color photos, diagrams and tables.
Cockroach Learning Center/book
Includes 65 pages and more than 240 color photos, diagrams and tables.
For More details visit Our Products page.
Our Comprehensive Online Learning Center can Train your Group, Anywhere, Anytime!
1) Free Pre-Recorded Training
This is our most popular and flexible training option. For many groups it is very difficult to organize a time and day that suits members for a live training session (even when its online). For this reason we offer a pre-recorded training where members are given a link to the pre-recorded session and they can view it in their own time via a web link.
How it Works (Click Here!)
We have tried to make access to the training as simple and as flexible as possible.
- Someone from the group contacts Glenn at email@example.com and requests the free training and provides the following:
- Name of the Group and how roughly how many members.
- What species you would like training on. Due to time restrains we can only cover one species. Species we cover include: yellow mealworms, giant mealworms, crickets and cockroaches.
2) Please advise what day you would like to start access to the training to optimize attendance. For instance many groups may need a week or so to let people know about the event.
3) You promote the event through social media platforms, email contact lists or word of mouth.
4) We provide access to the training for a week. You are then provided with a simple password to access the training page which includes the video. You advise your members (usually via a facebook post or email) the training link, the password and expiry date.
5) And that’s it. Members can view the training at their leisure and we hope that it helps people be better able to breed insects for their passion. Being successful insect breeders has enables us to follow our passions and we hope the same for you. If our service has been useful we would appreciate members let others know about our services or provide use with a testimonial (Click here for details)
6) Within the training page will be a discount code for those who wish to purchase the book at 40% discount. There is no obligation for anyone to purchase the book it is just an option for those who want permanent access to the content.
2) Free Live Video Training
We run a free online training session for a hour (in real time), and at the end people have the option to purchase our books at a 40% discount. (ie, a $40 cricket and mealworm book would be sold for $20). There is no obligation for the members to buy a book.
The session is videoed and can be sent to other members later, or posted onto social media. This helps groups obtain cost effective training and creates interactive content for the groups social media platforms. The main advantage this option has over the “Pre-recorded training-see above) is that you can ask questions that members have.
How does it Work (Click here!)
- Free Video Training, Discounted Books
This format provides a cost effective (free) training service. We make money through any sales of books due to offering a 50% discount to normal book pricings. We emphasis that it is a “no obligation to buy” to attend the training.
– Someone from the group should contact the group members to see if there is interest in doing a online training.
– Once you have rough numbers of possible attendees (and there are 8 or more- see “Who does the Training Options Apply to), then go to the “Scheduling a Video Session” tab to pick a day and time. Once you have a time in mind Contacts Us to check availability.
– Once a time and place is confirmed, a Zoom (or alternative format) link can be sent out to interested members (by myself or the organizer).
– Virtual training can be multiple formats such as Zoom, Facetime (Apple), or Facebook Live, Google Due or Hangouts.
– Format is flexible including the following options; 1) , the organizer can introduce myself to the group in the zoom meeting and do a Q & A style format 2) I can run the training completely.
– Attendees can ask questions to myself (Glenn Kvassay) via the messaging function.
– At the end of the session we make a “No obligation” offering of 50% off book products from our shop (ie. $40 mealworm book is now $20 with discount).
– A video of the training can be taken and a link sent out to members who could not attend the live training session. People who couldn’t make the training, can still obtain the discount for up to 1 week later. The first 10 minutes of the training session will be provided to the group to post onto their website or social media platforms.
– Although not required, providing a back link to our website or a social media mention is greatly appreciated.
Scheduling a Video Session
We are available on most days from 9am to 8:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST- Brisbane, Australia).
To choose a suitable time for a zoom meeting please click the below Meeting Planner. Note that once you have entered both locations and press “show timetable”, it will give you all the options across a whole day for both time zones (in a table).
Choose your preferred day and time in AEST, Brisbane, Australia time zone and email Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will check my availability and get back to you.
3) Paid Training
Training can be undertaken on a hourly basis ($100/hr US). This is a good option for a business who wants to upskill their staff (i.e commercial insect breeders, zoos etc).
For this option we provide a 40% discount to members if they wish to purchase the books.